View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He plays the game exactly like Darius Kasparitis........

He also played some games where he got 20+ minutes of playing time in the KHL, which is a better league than the AHL.

He has skills and teams were afraid to take him because of the fact that he would be able to make more money by staying in Russia and he was already passed over in the NHL Entry Draft (He was not 18 when he was drafted).

All-in-all he is a good prospect and the fact that he actually has a shot to make the NHL team this year (which he does), as a 7th rounder, is already a great draft pick.

I also believe that he was sent down to get back in shape after an injury in the middle of the season and play lots of minutes. He went back down after his KHL team was eliminated and anchored that teams 1st pairing all the way to that leagues championship.

He had 5 points in 16 games in the playoffs with 60 PIM's and a +1.

The fact a 20-21 year old has played in the KHL for (2) seasons already is a good sign. The kid knows how to hit and be aggressive and he is a warrior.

1. He was 21 years old last season, and turned 22 during the playoffs.

2. His 5 points in 16 games were in the MHL, which is the Russian junior league.

3. I don't see him making the Rangers this year. I will be happy if he can be a very good top-4 defenseman in Hartford. So long as he outplays Jyri Niemi (who is a year younger than Pashnin) and Blake Parlett (who is exactly the same age), I will be very glad with his performance. It is possible, however, that he'll be only a #6 blueliner in Hartford, behind Redden, Kundratek, Parlett, Niemi and either Valentenko or MDZ.

4. I hope he can make the Rangers. If we can get an overload of defensemen like we had in 1993-94, we can pull another trade like Turcotte+Patrick for Larmer, where we acquire a great top-6 forward in return for a redundant top-4 defenseman and a 2/3 line tweener.

But I would like to hear real analysis of Pashnin, not the fact that he went first overall in the KHL (waiver/supplemental) draft.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote