View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 01:46 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Man what a bunch of downers on here.

I'm not sure what you guys have against this kid but everytime I hear his name it's mostly positive stuff except when I come here.

This is good news for the franchise. Saying he will be #6 on the Whale at this point is kinda silly. I hope he wins a spot in camp just to prove you all wrong. Where we ranked him in the prospect list proves what i'm talking about.
Personally I think Pashnin is a good prospect but I think he's going to need a bit of development. A d-man can't be running people all the time and that's the thing that's struck me most about him in the last two rookie camps. The things they said about him during the first scrimmages in this year's development camp was that he gassed himself in the first few minutes just running around hitting everyone in sight. That's all good if he was a forward getting in on the forecheck but a defenseman has to play with some control or he's going to get burned over and over again.

And I remember Kasper when he first broke in with the Islanders--he used to nail a lot of guys but as many spectacular hits that he had there were as many or more times where the Islanders got burned because he'd taken himself way out of position. I love big hits as much as anyone but there's a time and place for it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote