View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude35 View Post
Interesting rumour, but I can't understand how Eklund puts the above quote in the story and then goes on to give it an "e-rating" which is one step away from being 100% confirmed?
It's because you don't understand the "e" rating, like most people here. It simply denotes the number and/or quality of the sources that he's hearing the rumor from. I believe that e4 means that he's been told this rumor by at least two high quality sources. The rating system, with the sole exception of e5, has nothing to do with the closeness or likelihood of the rumor becoming fact... a point which few people seem to grasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
How can the offer be both "Pure Speculation" and "Completley Serious" at the same time?
The offer amount is pure speculation... i.e. the amount that the Jets are "completely serious" about offering is unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
How could we even put up a legit trade offer for Doughty without ruining our team?
This is surely referring to an offer sheet, not a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
The Jets offersheeting the richest team in the league? That'll probably get ugly when Kane and Burmistrov need to be re-upped.
The Jets would be waiting until after (if it should happen that) talks break down and the Kings start shopping Doughty. That's pretty gentlemanly and I don't think that it'd sour relations nearly as much as an offer sheet while the Kings are still trying to sign him. At worst, if the Kings want to take advantage of the Jets in return, they'll likely pay them the same honor of waiting until talks with Jets RFAs break down before offersheeting, which probably won't even happen (same as the Kings and Doughty not reaching an agreement).

Last edited by Osprey: 07-22-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote