Send a message via Yahoo to ProfessorK
Name: Kyle
Sex: M
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: St. Charles, MO
Current City: Laguna Hills, CA
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Job: Professor, Computer Information Systems
How and when you became a Blues fan: I watched a game on Channel 11 when I was about 4 years old with a babysitter. Thought it was so neat that people could "run on ice". Then I asked the stupid question: "What's a Blue?" At least it got a laugh...been hooked ever since!
Favorite all-time Blues player: Brett Hull, Brian Sutter
Favorite active non-Blues player: Martin St. Louis
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Clarke, Marcel Dionne
Definitive Blues Moments:
1. Mike Crombeen's OT goal that beat Pittsburgh in the first round of the 1981 playoffs. Stayed up late to hear Dan Kelly's call on KMOX that night. The roar of the crowd just blew me away!!
2. The Monday Night Miracle. Once again, the crowd reaction after Greg Paslawski's game-tying goal and Doug Wickenheiser's game-winning goal are what being a Blues fan is all about.
First Blues Game Attended: Don't remember the exact year (think it was 1975 or 1976), but I do remember the Blues beat the LA Kings (with Dionne and Rogie Vachon) 4-2 at the Arena.
College Attended/Attending: UMSL, BS in Applied Math, 1986; University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana), MS in Math, 1988.
Music You Listen To: Almost anything 80s, Christian Contemporary, Adult Contemporary
Favorite Band(s): All-Time: Kool And The Gang, Queen, Billy Joel, and a whole bunch of one-hit wonders.
Favorite Movie(s): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Young Frankenstein, Jungle Book (Disney), Star Wars, ...I'm a huge movie fan, so this could go on for a long time. As for current movies, I think the best one out there right now is Super 8.
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite TV Show: Right now, it's Royal Pains.
Hobbies: Fixing up my computer, going to movies...especially at drive-in theaters (they're still there if you can find them), helping my wife around the house, playing with my nieces and nephews, helping at my church...and watching hockey!!!

ProfessorK is offline   Reply With Quote