View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
After these playoffs i can hardly see Vingeault or Julien ever being contenders with the Habs again. Vingeault was handed a cup roster and managed to screw it up, I fail to see how he can ever get a NHL job after his time in Vancouver.

As for Julien, go ask the Bruins fans what they think of him, they certainly didn't win because of Juliens coaching. They wanted him by the neck after the first round.
People like it or not, Habs will always have a bilingual coach for their team. Which then reduces the list. I have no problem with Vigneault, some in here will tell you that Vigneault couldn't stop the puck for Luongo. He's not exactly my favorite....but a coach is a coach. Unless you're an exceptional, you are a middle of the pack coach for me who's hired for 3 to 5 years.

As far as Julien is concerned, he has his flaws. But he's incredibly underrated. I told the Bruins fans once he was hired by then that he would make their team a better one. Didn't go as far as to think they'll win the Cup with him, but I was sure he was THE coach for them. Surely, some will say he came to 1 goal to be fired....but the end result was that he wasn't. Is he going to keep his job there for 10 years....maybe not. Reason why I have him as a potential candidate down the road. But like it or not, he's a winner. In Jersey, he was a winner as well until Lou thought he could do a better job....and he didn't. And in Boston, he confirmed it.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-22-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote