View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 09:19 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
1--Winning the lottery is pure 100% chance. Putting a competitive hockey team on the ice that has made the Eastern Conference Finals two years ago, and played well enough with significant injuries to challenge the eventual SCC in 7 games is not 100% chance.

2--There are times where a team can go from first to worst, so to speak, from one season to the next. However, it is far more likely that a well constructed team will be fairly consistent in getting to the playoffs and competing in them. This is something our team has shown for two straight seasons since we overhauled our roster.

3-- A healthy Markov is far superior to Wiz, both offensively and defensively. As far as Leadership goes, it is not even close, Markov inspires his team, Wiz plays well on his team. Nothing wrong with Wiz, I liked him, but he is not Markov.

4--The Habs have a core consisting of veterans and younger players. Our CURRENT core has Price, Subban, Cole, Markov, Gill, Cammy, Gionta, and Plekanec as a good mix of great veterans and youthful players whose stock is rising. We have good pieces on the team who look to be improving enough to truly step up next year in Eller and Pacioretty. We also have a lot of young potential in Kristo, Leblanc, Tinordi, Weber, Palushaj, and Beaulieu who will be pushing to make this team over the next 1-3 years as guys like Gomez and Kostitsyn approach their final time with us. How you think the Habs are a nothing team in 3-4 years, and are not contenders TODAY is beyond foolish and so short-sighted as to be painful. We are not a lock to win the Stanley Cup. We will definitely be able to compete for it, though.

5--The Bruins won through "character"?!?!? Wow, what season did you watch? The Bruins had luck and the league disciplinarian helping them far more than any "character". The amount of dirty hits they performed without any penalty was brutal and offensive. Do you really think the Bruins beat us if Ference gets the 100% deserved suspension for the shoulder to Halpern's head in the playoffs that went unpunished??? It was an interference play 60 feet away from the puck, targeting a player's head for no good reason other than Halpern looked away from Ference to see where the play went. Was it "character" that led to Chara getting nothing for almost killing Pacioretty? How about the cross check during the regular season that Lucic gave to the back of Moore's (Tampa Bay) head that went unpunished?? How much "character" was involved in Rome getting the longest suspension in Stanley Cup history for "an interference penalty leading to serious injury" and then Boychuk getting nothing for what was an obvious interference play that led to the serious injury suffered by Raymond?? "Character"?!?!? LOL. No, the Bruins are a decent team that did way better than they should have but needed quite a bit of extra help to do so. "Character". Wow. If "character" means "dirty", then I guess they have "character". I won't even compare the deserved fines and suspensions that the Islanders received for their assault on the Penguins in relation to the nothing the Bruins received for their brutal assault on the Habs in that 8-6 regular season travesty that happened that got the Bruins 0 fines and 0 suspensions, even though Campbell cut Pyatt's face to crap using his elbow pad to hit him (only a single example from that game with many more available if you really want to discuss it).

6--I love how the Bruins are so much better than us but had a losing regular season against us last year, and barely beat us in the playoffs with 3 of our best players injured. Do you even watch hockey games or simply look at the Stanley Cup Champion and base predictions and comments on who won the Cup and the position other teams placed during the playoffs?!?!? Philly lost their two best offensive weapons and a significant player in Leino to get a bunch of unproven prospects, but they are still supposedly one of the top teams to watch? You do know that Briere is no longer playing with the opposing team's 3rd defensive pairing since Richards and Carter are no longer insulating him from top pair defensive alignments, right? I guess you feel Braydon Schenn and Couturier are already established NHL all stars based on their significant time in the NHL, right? What other teams are head and shoulders above us? Pittsburgh? I guess if Markov is a health risk, Crosby and Malkin are the most healthy players to ever play the game, no health risk with them, right? Need I continue??? Again, are we a LOCK to win the CUP? No. Of course, nobody else is, either. Otherwise, Vancouver would have the last Cup, not Boston. That is why they play the games in actual hockey rinks, not based on paper in computer simulations. We are not a "LOCK" to win the CUP, but we sure as heck are a lock to be capable of competing for the Cup.

I hate when people who know nothing about actual hockey jump on a site to babble about it based on what they read on a score sheet.
my brother I have probably watched 50x the games you have

are you old enough to to have seen any of our cups ?

have you wached any of the other teams who won cups in the last 10 years ?

does this roster look like a contender ? be serious

I know more than you wil ever know in the game

we have won **** since 1993 , with very limited success

You do know that Briere is no longer playing with the opposing team's 3rd defensive pairing since Richards and Carter are no longer insulating him from top pair defensive alignments, right? I guess you feel Braydon Schenn and Couturier are already established NHL all stars based on their significant time in the NHL, right? What other teams are head and shoulders above us? Pittsburgh? I guess if Markov is a health risk, Crosby and Malkin are the most healthy players to ever play the game, no health risk with them, right? Need I continue???

no I will continue for you

we dont have a Crosby or Malkin ...world class front liners

we dont have Bostons core and I dont have Seguin or Hamilton coming up

you can crap on the Flyers all you want bro

they milked every squeeze of lemon out of Richards and Carter ...

the difference with Philly and Boston is both teams had the nuts to make gutsy moves to move forward .... we dont ...

Ciarelli moves his only true scorer in Kessel for 2 top picks because he felt a change was needed

have you noticed Carter and Richards numbers the last few years ....they both went down and you start to see richards getting banged up on a small frame

holmgren wanted a complete change in the dressing room ,leadership, culture etc..

regardless how it works out ...he had the stones to make a move now at the peak of trade values

one more bad year or dressing room issues out of both of them and their value is zilch

where was Gainey when he could of scored the moon when KOMI had that one year leetching of Markov when all he is a third pairing d guy ... HAVE YOU WATCHED THE LEAFS LATELY ....you knew he was gone at some point ?

I applaud Holgren ....they peaked with that team and moved on

but while he gets the best prospect in the world , a stud in Cotourier and 2 up and coming kids in simmonds and voracek

we pick up a 33 year old aging COLE and we praise the signing of a journeyman midget in DD

these arent moves to put us over the top

Cole will get his 20 at the expense of Kosty who wil lbe on the third line and gone a year later

WOULD YOU AS GM HAD THE NUTS TO MOVE CAMMY AND PLEKS FOR THOSE 2 FLYER TRADES ????

In a heartbeat regardless if there is short term pain for long term gain

you give me Schenn , Coturier , Simmonds, Voracek, to go with Eller , Max , PK and Price ....and hopefully Emelin, Nathan, tinordi and Leblanc one day ...now you have a core to work with one day

I will gladly take a few years hit to move forward ....maybe a better draft pick or 2 and with GIO and others for a bit of leadership ....this team maybe solid one day

1/2 this team is gone in 2-3 years ...and all we will be a middle of the pack team til then

Last edited by onemorecup*: 07-22-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling
onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote