Thread: Jason Wilson
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Jxmarts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
A goon in Hartford is not necessarily a bad idea. I think Yablonski is unsigned at the moment. He's not a good hockey player but if you're trying to develop a middleweight/cruiserweight like Wilson into something like we have with Prust--someone like Yablonski would give him some space--or a Mirasty who is kind of small but went toe to toe with Derek Boogaard several times. New Jersey signed Cam Janssen who will probably spend a large portion of this year in the AHL--Janssen is around Wilson's size--plays for a rival organization and would eat him alive.

They will probably sign a goon, unless they think McNaught is ready to take on that role. DiDiomete & Soryal combined for over 60 fights for the Whale, and they're gone. Will Bickel & Nightingale be back, who combined for 30 more? But I doubt the Rangers will sign Yablonski or Mirasty... I just don't see them as wholesome Ranger kind of guys.

I actually thought they might give Aaron Boogaard a tryout before his arrest. Jesse Boulerice? David Koci might be a possibility, if he doesn't land on an NHL roster.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote