View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah, it's a shame they don't allow LTIR cap relief anymore...
LTIR doesn't protect us if the guy limps along for the next three years on a bad knee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
With Markov, the only concern is whether he'll play. Whether that's a valid concern or not, I won't dispute. I think we can both agree, if he plays' he'll be fine. If not and suffers a career or season ending surgery. We put him on LTIR. The risk is minimal imo.
Hopefully, if he plays he'll be good. But as I mentioned above, he's got a three year deal. If he hurts it again, LTIR will help us in the short run but it's not going to protect us from that injury hurting his play down the road. There's no way that another injury doesn't affect his play. We're all hoping and assuming that he'll be great again this year but that might not be the case.

Hopefully he comes back strong but this could easily go the other way. Folks around here were 'sure' that he was going to be back healthy last year too and we all know how that turned out. It's a gamble no matter how you slice it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
He'll either re-sign or walk next Summer, the habs will be in the thick of things and no way they trade a top 4 d-man.
If we know he's going to go the FA route and won't re-sign, I really hope we have the balls to trade him. Unfortunately though, I think you're probably right and we'll just let him walk if that turns out to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
People are overreacting here, probably Gorges wanted 3 or a bit more and the habs wanted him to prove himself after his last injury. This is the habs organization saying "Go out and prove you're worth X" and Gorges will come out great next year and really what is the most he's going to want to be paid? I don't see him breaking 30 next year and even 30 is probably a bit on the higher end.

Although if he's paired with Markov OR Subban he could really get some good points.
I'm optimistic that what you're saying is true and the team has basically said 'go out and prove it' and then he'll sign for 3 or 4 years. As for the offense, I don't really care about his offense so much as I like his style of play defensively.