Thread: Confirmed with Link: Preds new sweaters revealed!!!
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
When I heard that we were changing jerseys, I immediately though we were going to use our blue thirds and I was very excited. When I heard that we weren't going that route and were going a new route, (likely gold and a new logo) I was less bummed. Hearing that we were going to get a gold sounded like a nightmare. And when I first saw the logo, I thought it was one of the worst things ever. I was a huge fan of our old logo and wondered what needed changing.

First off, the logo made sense after seeing our old logo again. The old one just looks too busy now. The new one keeps the same idea and just strips it down. I think it is a great change.

Fast forward to seeing the jerseys online (not even in person of course) and I'm loving the changes. They are among the best jerseys in the league. The color scheme now makes us stand out in a good way. Sure there are a few minor things I think could probably be tweaked, but overall I think this was a great change and for the better. I applaud the franchise for taking a huge risk in the gold route as it easily could have been as bad as our old mustards. The new jerseys are now instantly recognizable and will stand out in a league full of pretty similar jerseys. And while I still love our now defunct blue jersey, I think this makes much more sense. Looking back at our old sweaters and logos, I think there isn't a comparison.

I can't wait to get my gold as part of my season ticket gift or whatever. Now I need to grab an away. Any idea on when they will be available?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote