View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Sharpshooter101
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tench View Post
I'm not much bigger than you and I've had good success with a TPS Nash curve in stiff (regular didn't have enough backbone for slappers or snaps) or an Easton Zetterberg. The Nash opens up more and you can roof pucks from in close, but the Zetterberg gives more reliable passes and a better backhand IMO.
I use that Sakic curve and I roof backhands on demand with that... It was odd at first since I use to play with a milder curve (precisely that Zetterberg curve), but when you get used to it, it doesn't make a big a difference. The puck placement on the blade is slightly trickier though as you have little less place to get it off properly, but it's still manageable if you're used to it.

I'm far from being big either - I weighted 172 pounds as of this very morning and I'm 5'-10''... that's pretty darn small, but I know the shot is all about the technique... never cease to amuse when you see a 200+ pounds guy feel a bit emasculated when he sees the kid aside shoots harder than him without even trying - you know it happens when they guys start sweating a bit, you know. He gives it around a little glance, here and there, to make sure no sees he's going for it... Ahahah I have too much imagination, but it seriously happens. XD

Sharpshooter101 is offline   Reply With Quote