View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Its been a busy couple of weeks in Rangers hockey, as the team fills in the pieces to become more competitive this season and prepare for a bright future. I took a couple of weeks away (look back at my last post to understand why), but I did keep up with what has gone on [...]

More...
Quote:
"what you see is a second to third line forward, who can play either center or wing. Given what the Rangers have coming, not to mention who will be selected in the 2012 and 2013 drafts (which have excellent talent and depth in them), "
Really Leslie? I mean, no offense but that's a little short-sighted no? I mean we are talking about the best forward on this Rangers team last season. A guy who earned the right to play top 6 minutes but seizing the opportunity he was given and making the most out of it. Before the inury last season he was on pace for a 70pts season. I think referring to him as a potential 3rd liner is a bit far off.

As for Kreider, Thomas, Hagelin etc. All good problems to have, but before any of these guys get slotted in over a Brandon Dubinsky they first need to make the team no. Not so certain any of those kids are at that level yet, nor is it even likely that they will crack the top 6 within the next two seasons. In three years IF one of them happens to beat out Dubinsky, then again...that would be a great problem to have no?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote