Old
07-23-2011, 11:01 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Yeah like the others I don't think there's any way you can refer to him with "third line" anywhere near him. If you want to say you think he's a second liner period, and no matter what is not a first liner, that's fine. But saying he's anywhere remotely close to a third liner I just don't understand. Dubi's "inconsistency" stretches that so many on here like to talk about usually are based on results alone. He might not score sometimes but there are games where he doesn't register a point and is still the best player on the ice. He's not a sniper, we know that. You're not always going to bury shots. And when you set guys up you need them to bury theirs. This team has been slacking in that department for years now.

Also, I don't understand how Dubi being the odd man out is based on EVERY relevant prospect in our pool panning out. Thomas, Kreider, Hagelin, Fasth, etc. I mean ALL of them are going to work out?

I think that this deal with be zero issue for this organization. I think it's actually going to be a good deal all the way through for both sides.

To me the bigger question will be 4 years from now when he's up for a new contract. That will be interesting. Will Dubi have made enough strides to prove his worth again 4 years from now? Will he warrant a raise? Will the Rangers think he's worth it? That will be when it's intriguing to me.

Anyways, thanks for all you do and can't wait to read your stuff from Traverse City.
Who the hell are you?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote