Thread: Speculation: Rangers to trade Zuccarello ?
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 10:57 AM
xxxZENxxx

vCash: 500
I doubt any of the three (Zuc, WW, EC) are part of the future of this team, so it is not surprising... even if speculation.

* EC - he is a affordable and because of that (even if I hate saying it)... he is the prototypical 13th forward. Think about it, if BR got hurt, is there any other player that could hypothetically fill in for a game or 2 and do okay? He doesn't seem to do well consistently, but you at least he can produce on a short-term basis. Now I am going to punch myself for saying something nice about EC. That being said, if someone offers more than a 5th, you have to consider it.

* Wolski - of the 3, WW (by far) has the most potential. If they could somehow get this kid's head and work habits straightened out, then he could easily put up a tremendous season. There are a lot of good guys on this team that work hard, so I wouldn't underestimate their influence on a player like Wolski IF he is willing to change. SO MUCH TALENT. That being said, if you can get something good (top prospect or 1st/2nd rounder) for him, you move him and his salary.

* Zuc - he is the toughest to figure out. He is a TREMENDOUS playmaker, but he just could not put the puck in the net. He also got brutalized on the ice by other team's top lines as well as much physically larger players. Will he overcome that? I am just not sure, which is why you probably have to move him (Detroit maybe?) if someone offers a 2nd or higher.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote