View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 12:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I don't closely follow the Kings so I have to ask....

Which ione has established himself as a legitimate top 4 defenseman?

Cause I doubt Snow is looking for another unproven prospect.He might as well wait until 2012-2013 after De Haan has had a full yr in the AHL,then promote the unproven De Haan.
Fair enough.

I would first ask you to take a look at what most of the entire hockey world recognizes as being the deepest and most talent laden prospect pool in the game in its entirety. I only ask you do this because our prospects are at the level where our lowest actual Defencive prospect at this point would be Thomas Hickey a player who while many might think hasn't lived up to the hype of his draft year most people who actually follow our prospects closely realize that he had one set back season due to injury and has developed very well other than that.

Hickey will likely become a very good 3/4 PMD in the game but he is as I say the least of our defensive prospects (that are expected to become impact players).

On to the rest of the list.

Voynov is the fastest skater in the AHL and was again among the top scoring D as well. He is highly regarded by every pundit who has written about him to become a legitimate number 1/2 PMD in the league as soon as he gets his shot.

Nick Deslauriers

See above statements about Voynov only add in that he has a true mean streak and uses it to his advantage. Voynov is the slicker smoother type where Deslauriers is the rougher hard hitting type but is also seen as a top pairing Dman by every pundit that has written about him.

Derek Forbort

6'5" fleshing out in NCAA and looking like another top pairing prospect.

Jake Muzzin

Big PMD who plays equally well at both ends of ice and is projected to be a second pairing guy who has had his first cup of tea with the Kings and did very well.

The big point here is that while you yourself may not follow our prospects too closely I can promise you that your scouting staff and your Gm is well aware of the elite level of talent that we have in our prospect pool as far as Dmen are concerned and would consider them as more valuable imo than your run of the mill #4dman regardless of the fact that they aren't in the NHL yet.

Why aren't they in the NHL yet? It is simply due to numbers. Muzzin and Voynov would be in the NHL for a season by now if it weren't for the fact that we are overloaded with talent on our blue line. Next season one of our vets contracts end and he will likely be replaced by either one of these two and the following year another vet contract goes and we will bring up the next one.

We have an assembly line of elite level talent for our D down on the farm so it would take a ton to pry one away from us. I know it sounds like homerism but Voynov would step in and be your #2 top pairing guy by the mid point of the season. He is just that good.

Our biggest concern is hoping we can keep them all without having to deal them away. Its a great problem to have though.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote