View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 01:37 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
It's way too late for the Rangers to buy him out. The buy-out period was prior to July 1. Basically, if they were going to do it they should have done it at the same time that they bought out Drury.
There is a second buyout period in late July/August if the team has a player that has filed for arbitration or the team elects for arbitration with a player.

Anyway, regarding the actual buyout of Wolski, it doesn't look very likely at this juncture. He isn't an ideal top-6 LW, but given the Rangers' lack of depth at that position (Dubinsky, Wolski, Fedotenko, Rupp is what they're going into the season with), moving Wolski just doesn't make much sense. I don't like him; but I, personally, wouldn't pay him to go away, especially with him being in a contract year. He could put up decent numbers with Anisimov/Callahan.

The Habs don't even need him, really.

As for those comparing him to Kostitsyn; Kostitsyn is a much more involved player than Wolski. From what I've seen, he's actually a pretty damn good hitter. Wolski is scared of his own shadow.