View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
The "first liner" debate is a fools argument, IMO. To me, you have guys that are elite and are the catalyst on their line, but beyond that you're dealing with role players and complementary players.

Chris Drury was never a first line forward, but he played the game that make him a great fit with guys like Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic. Tomas Holmstrom isn't a elite player, but he filled a key role with Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the top line. You can find dozens of examples of players like this, and I think that's exactly what you're going to get with Dubinsky. He's not an elite player, or a guy who will shoulder the load on a scoring line, but he's the perfect fit on the wing with a couple of highly skilled forwards like Richards and Gaborik.

I think Kreider, Fasth, and Thomas all have the potential to be high end scoring forwards, and so I think Leslie is right that Dubinsky could be the odd man out if all three reach their potential -- however unlikely that may be. If Kreider becomes a 30-30 guy, and the choice is between him and Dubinsky, it's a very easy choice. Same can be said for Thomas, Fasth, Yogan, Miller, etc, etc, etc.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote