View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I can't remember the Flyers having in their system two first overall talents (Schenn 5th overall is comparable to Tavares and others in his draft class IMO, Couturier was ranked #1 at times last year).

As a Flyer fan, can you remember having prospects like this? The obvious is Richards/Carter. But, Richards was 22nd overall, a future leader/shutdown guy, he wasn't supposed to be as good as he was.

Any time else? I am racking my brain trying to remember prospects in our system like this. The last time I can remember having this level of prospect is when we had Ricci (4th overall) and Forsberg (6th overall) and then traded for Lindros).

Just curious?
For me it was in 1978. I was and am a draft nut When we picked Behn Wilson and Ken Linesman at 6 and 7. I was ecstatic. I thought the rat would be here forever. But we moved him for Mark Howe. When we had both Ron and Rich.That was cool. Mike Ricci was one of my favorites. But the following year I did not know that much about Peter Forsberg. I basically got most of my knowledge form The Hockey News and they had him rated a 2nd round pick. I thought Ryan Sittler at 7 and Jason Bowen at 15 had a shot but they never panned out. I believe the Lindros fiasco played a part there. And of course Jeff and Mike

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote