View Single Post
Old
07-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
I think we have to agree to disagree here. I still believe that Dubinsky is second to third line forward long term.

You can disagree with me, you can attack me personally, as folks did when I said in training camp three seasons ago that I did not know how Matt Gilroy would be ready defensively for the season.

It is my professional opinion that Dubinsky long term is still a tweener. We shall all see what happens over the next two to three years.

Can you name a single other third liner who plays an all-around game and scored over 50 points? I mean last year. Obviously in 80s and even 90s you had more scoring, so there were a few examples of top-end third liners like knocking in 40-50 points, but what about last year?

Other players scoring about the same as Dubi who play a somewhat similar two-way game (as opposed to one-dimensional scorers) are Morrow, Whitney, Jokinen, Stewart and Horton. I think all of them are regarded as good quality second liners on a Cup contender, and more than that on lesser teams.

The only exceptions are guys like PAP who in no way could be compared to Dubi because if PAP couldn't score, he would be in the ECHL or even the CHL, whereas even if Dubi had no offensive ability at all, he would still be a quality NHL role player.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote