: Confirmed with Link:
Columbus signs Vinny Prospal
View Single Post
07-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Originally Posted by
There buying and selling points with Vinny.
- This team needs a veteran presence on it. Sure Richards will be a leader, but he might be the only player on the team above the age of 30 when it's all said and done.
- They also need a top-6 forward who can produce. Prospal still to this day has shown he can produce. 50 points? Sure, I'll take it. I know the Rangers could use it.
- There are few who have played in the last 20 years who have exuded the enthusiasm and intensity that Prospal has. I don't think think you can place value on someone who geniunely wants to be here and wanted to be a Ranger more than anything in the world.
- He's getting up there in age.
- On top of that, as we all know, he had major knee surgery last year, and for a player who wasn't overly fast to begin with, he came back slower than he was before. Who knows how he'll hold up over a full season this year.
- Sure, he's produced in the past, but how will his injury affect his production?
- Bringing him back would have created a log jam at forward. The Rangers are looking to hold onto Wolski from the look of things, and I think even if they have to move him after the Callahan contract is finalized, I think a younger guy like possibly a Hagelin or a Weise is gonna get a look in a bottom 6 role.
I don't know, I'm kinda torn on this after all is said and done.
Excellent post. Summed up my thoughts. I for sure though would've preferred him over Wolski. Regardless of age.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Kershaw