Thread: Speculation: Rangers to trade Zuccarello ?
View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Black Tank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Maybe if Thomas just destroys in camp & first 9 games?

I could see him traded at the deadline in a package deal for an upgrade rental if we are looking like contenders.

We are amassing assets & if things continue to go up for the team than mgmt will have to try and use the quantity of assets to acquire more impactful players. Guys like MZA, Sauer, McD, & even Girardi could all be traded @ deadline or next offseason after playing above expectation in an attempt to get an impact player upgrade IMO.

Edit-im not saying trade all of them in one deal just all would be candidates if the have good seasons as they'd be coveted assets to a degree, on the fringe of the absolute core
We're not going to get an impact player through quantity. If we want an impact player, then we have to trade our impact players and the list starts with Callahan, Dubinsky and Staal. In that case it makes much more sense to continue developing players like MZA, MDZ, etc b/c their trade value will not get us anything better than what we're giving up.

I'm not sold on MZA either way. However, he is a smart player from what I've seen and I expect him to be MUCH better based on the experience from last year alone. Assuming he gets marginally better on a slightly more potent team this year, would we really be willing to cut loose a 50 pt F or would we try and work him into the lineup?

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote