View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 06:40 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Prospal would still be the second best playmaker on the Rangers, bum knee and all, after Richards. Rangers still not gushing with playmaking talent. Stepan is capable of it, but he hasn't shown it yet.

Good post. I would say less Kovalchuk and more Datsyuk/Federov/Semin (better than Semin, though, if both are at their best). What he's best at is playmaking, when he plays smart, which he clearly knows how to do. He's displayed that he is not only capable of it, but executes it with the best of them. A joy to watch when he decides to play. Just an absolute pleasure. Very frustrating player.
At first I thought this was about Wolski at first. I blame the fact that it's 7 in the morning.

Also, going off on a tangent for a second, Kovy was still a very good player all in all, even though everyone knows he he could've been so much more. He's scored at a very slightly less than .8 PPG pace for his career, .8 pre lockout and like .76 post lockout as an aging 30 year old, but it seems some people have stopped acknowledging that, ignoring what he SHOULD've been, he still was a very good scorer.

I don't think he was comparing talent levels when he mentioned Kovy. Wolski has shown he can be an above average scorer but has been average mostly. Kovy has shown he could've been a superstar but instead he was just an above average scorer. The comparison does make sense.