View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 10:51 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yes but that's sort of a ludicrous statement. A lot of top 6 players are complementary players who produce based on good chemistry and/or line mates. To say a 55-60 point Gomez would still make us not a "real top 6" is absolutely ludicrous. The results are what is important and if we have a top 6 of all 50-60 point players, whether or not Gomez is one of them isn't relevant, it's a top 6 by default.

It's sad how quickly people are willing to jump to the conclusion that if our 2nd line center gets 50-60pts we'll still not be a real top 6... even though 50-60 points is fine for a 2nd line center. Whether he's "carried" or not isn't relevant. I didn't see him getting "carried" this year, so if he manages to get carried this year and gets 50-60pts then he's a 2nd line center and we have a real top 6.
Even though your on my side of the arguement, I still think your over valueing top 6 players.

Both Boston and Vancouver only had 4 forwards with more than 50 points. They both had 2 of their top 6 players with less than 50 points. Washington only had 3 forwards with more than 50 points. Even last years offensive juggarnaut Philly only had 5 top 6 forwards with more than 50 points. Detroit only had 3, the only team in the entire league that I found with 6 are the San Jose Sharks and they traded away 2 of those forwards this year for defensive depth.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote