View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Rutabaga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Still, someone was eating those minutes. I believe Hammer will be missed tremendously. Other than wiz's booming shot hammer is better than him in every aspect.

Obviously Markov is better than wiz too, but wiz still came in and ate valuable minutes. Now we've lost 2 of our top 4 and only have Markov back.

If something does happen to Markov we're not nearly as capable of dealing with it and an insurance policy is nice, but not the only reason I wanted hammer back, he ate quality minutes against quality opposition and is now gone without being replaced. To me Gorges in the top4 isn't an ideal situation at all. Gorges and gill both in the top 4 has the potential to be disastrous, the only saving grace is our top 2 are pretty damn good.
I obviously agree. Gorges is good enough to play on a top-4. He's playing against very good players on a very consistent basis, and he's not spectacular, maybe, but he gets the job done. With Gill, i dont think its a good idea, but with Subban or Markov, no problem.

If Weber need some time, the same could be said for Emelin. He's finally playing in Montreal, and he is supposed to be able to play like a 2nd pairing defenseman. I think that this year is going to be an experiment for the D...anyway, at some point, you need to trust your young players, the vets cant keep up for ever...

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote