Thread: Bulis
View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I am not a fan of Bulis on the 1st line. I think he's a great skater and he's got great speed, plus he's solid in his own end, but after that I don't think too much of him. He gets his chances due to his speed and skating, but I'd like to see Koivu get a sniper on his wing.

I think Bulis is a very good 3rd liner, but I don't see him as a 1st liner. Then again Koivu can make anyone better, and we don't have a lot of choices at LW, so I guess he will end up there.

Maybe Ryder Koivu Audette instead. Bulis does have chemistry with Zednik, so maybe he could take Hossa's spot but I don''t know if I like that idea either.
On another team I would agree with you that he would be a perfect third liner, at this point anyhow because he does have room to grow The problem with Montreal is that their third line consists of Juneau and Dackell, guys who simply have no offensive game anymore. Imagine Bulis on a line with guys who could finish or actually make it to the offensive zone at the same time as him, for example guys like John Madden, Peca, Mike Fisher etc..

Currently in Montreal he is being wasted on the third line and is killing any chance that he can further develop. The thing is you can always move him back. Right now he is the best option along side Koivu.