View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 03:38 PM
billy piton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
The question is whether we have a more complete team than before. I compare our current roster (admittedly with cap room left) to the roster that won two rounds in the 2010 playoffs and I do not think we are more complete.

We already had Subban, we already had Markov (at least against Washington), we already had Darche, Eller is only a FUTURE HOPE to replace a solid NHL vet like Moore, and Weber can't hold Hamrlik's jockstrap.
we had subban in the last two games against the caps where he played 10 minutes per game. he got more icetime when markov went down in game 1 vs. pens. not to mention that he had two games of nhl experience by that time.
subban in 11/12 is better player than subban in 2010 playoffs.

i think this habs edition is much stroger offensively than one that won two playoff rounds in 2010. cole and pacioretty are two powerforwards that we didn't have in 2010. sure we need some one like moore (right hander prefferably) but we still have more than enough space to fill that role.

if yemelin is able to fill hammers role, the habs will be a serious contender next year.

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote