Thread: Confirmed with Link: Ryan White inks one-year (1-way deal)
View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 05:20 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Wow.

Boychuk was going for Subban's knee.

But here is a question for you. Did Boychuk make another attempt to take out Subban's knee after White tuned him up?

That point is lost on you.
Please don`t be so smug with what looks to me like a Homer analysis. I DO understand the points you and others make, I just do not AGREE with them. Something about having my own mind.

What I saw is that Boychuk went for an open ice hit on Subban, who spectacularly jumped and spun out of the way. Looking at it, there is no way to know for sure that Boychuk was planning to give himself a 5-minute major and game misconduct plus probably a suspension for going at Subban's knee in the first few minutes of the game.

Of course, when Subban hit Marchand in open ice a few months earlier, you were cheering I'm sure and defending Subban's hit as perfectly normal.

As for the supposedly "avoided" SECOND (lol) attempt on Subban's knee, are you SERIOUS in thinking that a fight narrowly lost (no real permanent damage to Boychuk) is/was more of a deterrent to dangerous behaviour than the severe penalties the league might give out?

THINK about it, dude. Pretty much no one in the league could take out Derek Boogaard. Why would his team not just ask him to go around injuring people left and right since he had nothing to fear??

Meanwhile, could you please let me know if you too feel SO GOOD about that night because favourite son Ryan White won a fight that you forget what happened 1 hour later?

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 07-24-2011 at 05:26 PM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote