View Single Post
Old
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I would feel more sympathy for you if you were actually paying for your own tickets. As someone who has been going to Rangers games since the 1960s (and paying for my own games since high school-- granted they were $5 in those days--although that was a lot money for me and I couldn't afford to go a lot), I can tell you that there has been a big change in composition of the crowd and the way they interact with the game. There are so many distractions now--when I young they didn't have any music--and even in the 300s, so many people spend so much time playing with their "smart" phones, I'm surprised when they look up and watch the game for a minute or two.

You can rant all you want, but the reality is hockey is becoming too expensive for its audience. And in spite of what the suits on 6th Avenue will say during the next CBA talks, all the owners care about is the profit that goes into their pockets. It's the American way.
I actually do chip in on the tickets, but that's besides the point. I do know what you are saying is to be true, but that is no excuse for calling us "snotty rich people". (I know it wasn't you) Think about this. Would it have been so hard to say rich people?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote