Thread: News Article: Partying prompted parting?
View Single Post
Old
07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
First I will not point any fingers at anyone for leaking this because we all can speculate on who did it but in reality we do not have a clue. I for one do not care for people who talk to the papers about things that should have stayed in the locker room. I do not think for one minute that the drinking was the main reason for the trades that went down. I am a little upset that the locker room could not police this crap up in house. But if you remember Reggie Leach was one of Clarkie's pals and he used to get ragged on at practice for being hungover. But times have changed. That being said I just wish the writer had put this story in his back pocket and saved it for his frigging book one day and not wait a month later to throw this crap out there for us to read.
This is pretty much how I feel. I have the opinion that this article was pretty unnecessary. It throws some salt on the wounds that were just starting to heal, and for what? So the writer could get some extra hits? I'm sure Holmgren's none too pleased about this article, and I could see it being yet another in a long list of reasons for Holmgren to not throw the media any bones.

Poorly timed, questionably motivated, and an all-together gigantic nuisance.