View Single Post
Old
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
The Habs roster is definitely the best looking roster, on paper that we've seen in a while but if we don't stay healthy this year...its not going to matter how balanced our lineup is.

Injuries have been the biggest problem for the Habs the last 2 seasons. If it wasn't for having key players missing from the lineup for long stretches of time, we would have finished higher in the standings and possibly had better playoff showings too. Injuries have also been very helpful to players like Desharnais, Pacioretty, Eller and White. Those players stepping up and helping out in key roles and them gaining the valuable experience in the NHL instead of spending more time in the minors is the best thing that could've happened.

But still....we need all of our top players healthy and playing their best hockey in order to make a serious cup run in the near future. We have the key components for a top 5 hockey team IMO, we just have to see everybody can put it all together for a full 82 games.

I like the players we picked up, I like the players we re-signed and I don't mind the players we let go to free agency. Gaulthier has done a terrific job addressing the need for more size up front. Adding Cole and players like Blunden and Willsie who are all 6'0 and can play a physical game will make more room for players like Gionta, Gomez, Pleks and Cammalleri to be creative and setup scoring chances.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote