View Single Post
Old
07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i've watched Regher since he arrived with the flames, and while he progressed much faster than Gorges, and is physically a bit bigger/stronger (part of why he was more effective earlier), their defensive zone effectiveness and reliability was/is quite similar.

despite being a bigger body, Regher (at his best) relied more on angles and technique to separate players from the puck in the defensive zone, much like Gorges, both have the kind of team first/sacrifice your body mentality that makes them fan/teammate favorites, both are tough-as-nails athletes willing to play through pain/injury.

many similarities, and if Gorges's health is fine and he continues to improve, I could see him get pretty close to the level of effectiveness that made Regher a team canada member in his prime.
I respectfully disagree. Regher is a much better defenceman than Josh Gorges. As much as I love Yoshi, he'll never be at the level Regher was in his prime. Regher is a dominating physical presence, and literally a deterrent to carrying the puck across the blueline. The rest of their respective games is fairly similar, with Regher edging in most categories, but you can't discount being one of the most imposing defenders as if it's minimal.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote