View Single Post
Old
07-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Fixing the Flower Play

What can Trotz and Co. do to fix our powerplay with our current roster?

Just a thought I had, move Ryan Ellis to wing on the PP. Weber-Suter with Ellis-Fisher-Hornqvist and Blum-Josi with SK-O'Reilly-Erat/Bergfors looks like 2 solid units to be. It also condenses the scoring power to mostly our top 5, making it much more likely to score. I dont know if it would help, but I think it could be worth a shot to have Ellis and Weber both on the ice with those slapshots and stil have the passing of Suter.

We could take a page out of Boston's book and use Weber in front of the net, as they did with Chara. While I'm not a huge fan of this idea, our PP can't get a whole lot worse than it is...maybe its worth a pre-season look. Ellis-Suter with SK-Fisher-Weber and Josi-Blum with Hornqvist-O'Reilly-Erat. Horny and Weber being on the same line would be utterly useless since that's all Patric does. Ellis on the 1st PP gives us the big shot to use with Weber's screen. Still not a huge fan, but its an interesting possiblity.

EDIT: I am not endorsing either of these ideas, just throwing them out there for discussion. I am not sure whether they would help or hurt.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 07-25-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote