View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 08:51 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

vCash: 500
Burnett and Parker had a quick fight. Parker landed maybe the only good punch and they both went down for a second, they were both trying to get back up when the linesmen grabbed them. Burnett didn't play much in the second or third period. If we had scored more than 2 then there may have been another fight.

Gerber looked really good tonight, although there were some loose pucks in front of our net that just as easily could have gotten to the back of the net if a Sharks player had found the puck.

Federov looked great. Im so glad hes on our team now!!
McDonald is playing so well right now. He is really on his way to being a legitimate first line player in this league. He is the perfect linemate for Sykora and Federov. What a pass to Sykora, and a nice finish by Petr. Sykora was flying out there, almost scored on a breakaway set up by Federov.

2nd line did their job out their, mostly defensive play. Prospal is showing his passing ability, waiting for the right moment to slide a pass across to the third forward joining the play on several occasions. Niedermayer had some good shots on goal from Prospal passes.

3rd line was ok. Chistov was most impressive of the three tonight. He created two great chances for himself. One that was saved by Nabokov glove side and the other went just wide. This kid is going to score some goals. If I was on the coaching staff I'd make him take extra wrist shots after every practice. He'll bury some chances soon.

Burnett didn't play a whole lot. He was in the lineup to cancel out Parker. Krog and Johnson did a good job killing penalties.

Ozolinsh played well, highlighted by his move on the 1st goal. Sauer was ok but I'm still seeing him hesitate to make the right pass out of the defensive zone. Vish had a bad night again in my opinion. Especially giving the puck away during a penalty kill that led to two great chances for the Sharks. I can't remember much about Salei or Havelid. Simpson was playing physical as usual.

It feels good to see them win a game. Federov, Gerber, McDonald, Sykora, and Ozolinsh made it happen.