View Single Post
Old
07-25-2011, 11:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
While i would welcome Sam and JD back in a heartbeat, i feel like they had their time and it was a special time. Its like an entity that has passed on.

Lets face it, Sammy's getting old, he isnt as sharp. JD is going to continue to build his Blues team - hes not the quitting type. But hey who knows a reunion would be great, but i dont expect it because JDs a stand up guy and he would never take Joe Ms job away from him.

That being said... how many years before Sam decides to hangem up? Turning 64 this month - hes got to be getting tired of the travel, etc, especially when you throw football in the mix. If i had to guess it would be a few years, i just think he loves his job, specifically the Rangers, too much to quit. Its a tough thing retiring. I'm watching my father go through it right now. Its incredibly bittersweet with unstoppable moments of reflection. A very emotional time... anyway - im going off on a tangent here.
Not an unwarranted tangent. You're right. My father is approaching retirement too. While he would love for it to be sooner than later it still has been a time of reflection. Retiring is a big step. Sam definitely loves his job. He loves calling the game and being around it. He seems to have great relationships with the players; he's always speaking with them before games for quick comments. He's got a great job, play-by-play guy for a team he loves. Original 6 team in the world's most famous arena (which he usually opens most rangers home games or used to at least). Hard to walk away from.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote