South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here
View Single Post
07-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Originally Posted by
1. Where to fly in to?
2. Best areas to stay (specific hotels/motels?)
3. Best way to get around (renting car/taxi/etc.)
4. Where to shop?
5. Best nightclubs
1. Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport is about a 15-20 minute drive from the BAC and IMO would be your best bet. Miami International Airport is about a 45 minute drive and Palm Beach International Airport is about an hour.
2. Since you're from an area that isn't near an ocean, I'd suggest probably staying near Fort Lauderdale Beach. It's directly east of where Sunrise is and where the BAC is located. They have plenty of hotels in that area ranging from super cheap to super expensive.
3. Transportation in South Florida is pretty horrible and taxis would probably cost you a fortune. If you're 25 years old or over, I'd suggest renting a car for sure.
4. I'm not one to know much about shopping, but Sawgrass Mills is apparently the world's largest outlet mall and is right across the street from the BAC.
5. I'm also not one to know much about clubs, but I know there's a good number of them in Downtown Fort Lauderdale, some at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, and of course plenty in South Beach, but that's at least a good half hour south of Fort Lauderdale.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by FlaPnthrsPunk