View Single Post
Old
07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
coz21
Skrillllllz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I don't think there's any way to look at the two years and not see a noticeable improvement.

Looking back at last years roster you couldn't help but still notice the big glaring hole of haveing EC on the first line.

I think the main difference between the two years for the forwards is the fact that we can go into next year and can feel confident the bottom 6 can contribute. Last year those bottom 6 players were a HUGE question mark, but now we feel confident that Stepan can get at least 40 points. Feds is good for another 20 or so. Meanwhile Boyle and Prust provide quite a bit more than anticipated than last year.

As for the defensive scheme, I know last year there were some question marks going into the year but we never expected MDZ to blow up like he did last year. We also still weren't sure what to expect from Sauer, and we were hoping just to get by with Rosy.

Comparably this year, we have a top 4 that we don't have the slightest worry about. We also can fill the final two spots with either a dearth of extremely gifted young players, or even a very solid veteran in Eminger (who we didn't know what to expect from last year as well).

I think that the development is huge in our young players, but the major difference between the two years is there is a lot more confidence in all of our young players to step up and produce at this level. Which in turn leads to a lot less question marks.

LOL Dearth. I'm pretty sure we have the opposite of a dearth of good young defensemen.

coz21 is offline   Reply With Quote