View Single Post
Old
07-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Esa 10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Couple things I want to mention in your post:

While there are individual question marks surrounding individual players (like MDZ), should he continue to falter we have VERY good young players like Erixon readily available to take his place. We also know what Eminger brings to the table in a worst case scenario kind of thing.

While our defense is still very young, I don't even put an ounce of thought into our top 4 d-men because I know they will be fine. With people like Erixon, MDZ, Eminger, Valentenko, etc battling for the final two spots I think we are well set on d.

My only other comment is that I think you may be looking at two different end of the spectrums with PHI and BOS. We know BOS will be near the top of the East, but PHI on the other hand is still to be determined. I also am not sure that you can pencil us into competing with the top dogs in the East yet because with the lack of question marks on defense and goaltending, we have quite a bit of questions for our forward group. For example will Brad Richards mesh with Gabby? Will we see the old Gabby? Will Stepan hit a sophmore slump? Will Boyle and Prust produce something close to last year? etc.

If all these questions for our forwards are answered positively then you may be able to pencil us in to competing with the top.
There's a contradiction in the bolded statements. You are certain about the play of 2 sophmores on defense, yet are concerned Stepan might suffer a slump? Why? McD only played half a season, Sauer is in the same boat as Stepan.

Overall, the team looks better. They've addressed the issues of 1st line center and PP QB. However, the youth on D does contain an element of uncertainty. Most importantly, who does the offense on the blue-line come from? We are counting on MDZ and Erixon, unless Staal or McD break-out unexpectedly. All are question marks. A trade at some point might become necessary.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote