View Single Post
Old
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Well glenn you sorta contradict yourself. While I agree with some of what you say, you "scoff that we need better talent". Then you point out several areas that are all about talent and not coaching, entering the zone, winning faceoffs and reading the play. I'll agree 100% that these are weaknesses in our power play but they are weaknesses in the talent, not the coaching. The coaching has to adjust the play to match the talent. We son't have much success in carrying the puck into the zone so we have to dump and chase. We don't have a playmaker like PK or Sully anymore. I'll also agree that we need to get more to the net, both bodies and pucks and Trotz has been saying this.
Everyone knows the PP needs to be better, nobody more then the players and the coaches. When you get into that situation you sometimes try a little too hard and you end up making things worse, especially as a player. Watching the PP this is what I see, players trying to do too much. We need to simplify first and then build on the success that emerges from the simplification.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote