View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 10:40 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I agree. I thought Pyatt and Hossa were pretty much a wash or close, but Koivu and Briere are certainly not. Koivu might be injury prone, but there's a limit to decreasing his value for that, especially considering Bufffalo is a rival Montreal could likely be fighting with for a playoff spot. Montreal have no reason to trade him, they just signed him to a 2-year deal.

If Briere who could be had for a 3rd liner last season (Gratton) is all the Habs can fetch for Koivu, I'd pass big time on any kind of trade involving him (something I'd probably do no matter what anyways). Like it has been said to death, Koivu is more useful to Montreal than any other team in this league.
As a habs fan, I have to admit I would take Pyatt over Hossa....it is close, but Pyatt has more trade value and the habs probably think more higher of him than Hossa at this point. Hossa and a third for Pyatt may work out value wise.

As for Koivu and Briere, Koivu has much more value than that.....no way Montreal would trade their heart and soul captain for Briere....Koivu is way more valuable than Briere to any team, especially the habs