View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Johnnybegood13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Alright.

'02 - '03 season, Denis Gauthier was 4th on his team in ice time.

Toni Lydman - 25:46 per game
Robyn Regehr - 22:45
Jordan Leopold - 20:35

Denis Gauthier - 19:52
All 3 play PP ...Gauthier does not!

Quote:
And, just for fun, so far this year in the '03 - '04 season:

Jordan Leopold - 23:02
Robyn Regehr - 22:15
Toni Lydman - 19:59
Andrew Ference - 19:46

Denis Gauthier - 17:42
Again,all play PP...if your point is he's a 5-6 defensman because he doesn't doesn't have the offensive "gifts" to play PP then fine! thats your right,but he keeps the puck out of the net as good as anyone and hits harder and more often then 99% of defenseman in the league!
Quote:
How about the many defensive gaffes Gauthier makes every single game? I've seen two Calgary games so far this year, and seem him make at least half a dozen errors, one of which, along with Warrener crossing wires with him, caused a goal against his team.
Please!!,how many Dmen don't make the odd gafft...as a matter of fact i can't think of any of the world class Vancouver defensemen who don't not make any...or maybe it's because the Nucks are soooo good nobody notices.

Quote:
Don't take this as a blast against the Flames, but I'm calling a spade a spade. Gauthier is not solid, is not a 'top 4 defenseman', and is one of the most overrated players on these boards & the league.
Your opinion,but i dare say most GM's would love to have him and since Sutter is his GM...maybe thats why he's still a Flame.Anything less then a 30 goal man in a trade would be a bad deal for Gauthier and the Flames IMO.