View Single Post
Old
07-26-2011, 05:00 PM
petejudge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Something to consider about the Pack line. Stepan might wind up in the top 6 over Anisimov anyway. Last year he got ice-time over Artem on a few occasions. If this were to happen, the Pack line is over with regardless of the LW situation.

Something like this:

Dubi-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Cally
Avery/Boyle-Anisimov-Fedotenko
i see the pack line staying together with a AA/stepan swap. but i don't think if they swap those two it'll completely change things. i still have this projection for the lines going into the season

Avery/Fed-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Wolski-Anisimov-Fed/Avery
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
EC

i think that gives you 4 balanced lines without any serious wild cards (like the lines that get posted here suggesting hagelin or mza will be in the nhl at the beginning of the year). avery and fedotenko aren't ideal first liners, but with what we have they're our best options for that line. both guys can make the right passes when they have to, both are very good defensively, great on the boards, great on the forecheck. when you have a line with richards and gaborik you absolutely NEED a 3rd guy who will be physical and get into the dirty areas where those two guys can't. i could possibly see dubinsky getting top line left wing duties, but i think the best thing to do is keep the pack line (mostly) together. either way, you have 3 lines that are absolute scoring threats every time they're on the ice (especially if wolski gets his game together, him and AA could be deadly) and a 4th line that will work hard as hell every night and could possibly account for 35 points on the season.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote