View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 10:32 PM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Smokey, dear, you are forgetting the obvious reason why Vokoun isn't getting noticed. He plays in Nashville. Any player that plays here, that is good for us, doesn't get noticed. We trade that player and all of a sudden everyone knows who he is. Let's look at Skrastins. He was here, we loved him, we told everyone how underrated he was, how reliable he was, but no one paid any attention. Then we trade him to Colorado and people here ask us about him, again we tell them. Now there's a thread that starts out "Wow, those Nashville fans weren't lying this summer when they told us about him." People think that just because Dunham is playing well that NYR got the better end of the deal, not even noticing how Murray had done last year, and Kloucek, Zidlicky this year (well a little bit Zids). Dunham could put up those same numbers here and he would be in the bottom 10 rankings, but since he's not in Nashville, he gets a #4, forget that Vokoun has the better stats and played playoff teams. We try to tell people what we see in Legwand and why we think he's so good, but yet when they make a top 30 centers poll, Legwand is never even put on the list, he's not even mentioned except by Predator fans. Tootoo gets mentioned (I think Smokey you said this elsewhere) for everything he has gone through to make a NHL team, not about the Predators or his effects on the team. Noone believes us when we talk about how injuries were our downfall last year, no matter what anyone else said it was injuries, they all think it was Trotz and that he should be fired. Proving my point that no one pays attention to us, from media in Nashville, people on this board (outside of a select few who know who they are), and national media. And noone ever freaking will. Oh look at that I went on a rant....That is all, I am done.

so this is interesting.......
Quote:
Detroit has sent Curtis Joseph to Grand Rapids (Mich.) of the American Hockey League for him to work his way into game shape. My understanding is once he plays two games (expect them to be Friday and Saturday), he'll be recalled to Detroit for a start. ........
I'd expect him to start on the road, not at Joe Louis. It also will be imperative for Cujo to show his strengths as a battler and a motivated athlete who wants to prove everyone wrong, as he has done for his entire career...
I wonder if he will start here in Nashville next Thursday??? They probably expect to roll over us, so why not put in a semi-rusty goalie!