Thread: Switzerland: Swiss young guns
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
I have attended to all under-18 games in Davos and to the last two under-20 games in Arosa...

My report on the under-18:
The team is very skilled, but yet again small... Christoph Bertschy (SCB) was the offensiv leader for the team, while Sandro Zangger (GCK), Nicola Brandi (GCK) and Anthony Rouiller (Biel/Bienne) had good showings... The team lost the 3rd game against Germany 0-1 while Marvin Cüpper was in net for the Germans and once again, like at the under-18 World Championship he stole the game for the germans! Other than that, the Germans seem to have a very weak team....

the under-20:
Again a very skilled team! Tanner Richard, Devin Muller, Sven Andrighetto and Lino Martschini lead the offense. Trutmann and Richard are the aggressiv leaders for the team showed no respect and mercy in several brawls with the germans... Although playing stellar, the team had some kind of baise, where they weren't concentrated and fell behind (in the 2nd game 1-4), but showed character, fought back and won the games... Goaltending seems to be the big question mark for the under-20 team... Saikkonen looked shaky and sometimes lost in his crease, while Wolf is big, but no as talented as Saikkonen and Meili is. Unfotunatly I haven't seen Meili this year and only know him from last year. He's a talented Goalie, but at 5'9 on international level I'm just not sure what to expect?

It's still early in the season and the Germans, for sure will get stronger. Especially the under-20 team of Germany has like 5 north american juniors who will have the bigger effect on the team come the WJC...
Hey, rafik, thx for the updates.

How did Muller look after his NA-year? playing as W or C?

Did you notice Schneuwly? who had his second good showing statistically, after the last camp.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote