View Single Post
Old
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
"Fight more" hardly sounds like Laviolette seeing as how most of us were worried about his almost no-tolerance stance on fighting back when he coached Carolina.

I'm curious as to whether or not Zherdev really believed Lavi wanted him to "goon it up" somehow.

What a disaster...

Well, Laviolette HATED people who overstayed their shift. That was a point of emphasis from him. Zherdev was far and away the biggest offender of that rule.

I think Zherdev was legitimately confused almost as if the harder he tried the more people were mad at him. Unfortunately it seemed as though things never got through to him.

I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes, but I'm glad he's no longer here.

oh don't necessarily disagree...Zherdev hung himself with the rope Lavy gave him which was pretty short to begin with...

Just thought the suffocation term was funny and ironic but yeah players like him and Leino again are creative and don't do well in stifling systems but the overstaying shift deal and dogging it in practice is all on Zherdev.

Anyway...Holmgren bears responsibilty in thinking the Flyers halfway house was going to reform this dude. I was skeptical from the beginning but at least it was only one year..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote