Old
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
That's exactly what I used to do. If you're properly hydrated it makes a huge difference. An 8 ounce sugar free red bull isn't much. If I have an earlier game I drink about 1/4 of an 8 ounce bottle of BSN Endorush before I leave. If I have a later game I have something with caffeine much earlier. Otherwise it can be a chore to just get up pack the bag and drive to the rink. The trick is to not drink it too early, and to drink plenty of water with it. I've never had negative effects that way.

You'll see guys in the pros with a Red Bull, a Gatorade and a water on the shelf of their stall a lot of the time, drinking from all 3.
Agreed. The key, like with almost anything we talk about in this forum is to find out what works for you. You cannot take 1 person saying they crashed and decide not to use it. What kind of shape was that person in? Were they drinking a high caffeine/high sugar drink? How much sleep did they get the night before? What was their diet like? How old are they? Were they drinking it on the bench instead of water? Way too many factors to just blindly say Red Bull is bad for you!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote