View Single Post
Old
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I also could've said Datsuk and put all the 30-60 players, because there's a ton from the 2nd and on.

Are you really arguing this? As I said, it's easy to see that you're looking at want you to see. There's no real basis for your thread.

And what's with the 90's discrimination? I just don't get how it affects your argument except for the fact it's further proof against it. 'Current drafting era' is ********. If you're going to have a cutoff point, why not make it the last time the draft rules changed (i.e. the new CBA)?
It was obvious from my opening post that I was talking about recent draftees, not players drafted in the 1990s.

However, if you want play that ridiculous game of including players drafted/developed in previous epochs of drafting and developments, the three finalists for the Norris Trophy were Weber, Chara and Lidstrom. Not one of them was drafted in the first round. I don't think Chara, Lidstrom, and for that matter Markov are at all relevant. Meanwhile, 2 of the the 3 finalists for the Art Ross, and 3 of the 3 for the Rocket Richard trophy, were drafted in the 1st round.

Arguing with your method, of including the irrelevant 1990s, only strengthens my position.

The 2005 rule change would include players drafted in the 2003 draft, and possibly the 2002 draft.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote