View Single Post
Old
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Gross wrote this today about Rangers' not buying out Wolski as well.

Quote:
Now that the Rangers have avoided arbitration with Ryan Callahan as the right wing agreed to a three-year deal worth $12.875 million on Wednesday ($4.275 million salary cap hit), there will be a 48-hour window starting at midnight in case the team chooses to buy out any players on the roster to create some cap flexibility.
Quote:
But not only is there no buyout of Wolski coming over the next couple of days, itís almost a near certainty he will not be traded between now and the start of training.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...nt_expect_one/

I know that they'll probably carry 13 F and 7 D, but what is this obsession with carrying extra players? Remove dead space. There has to be some wiggle room throughout the season and at the deadline for moves, otherwise you're handicapped.

Sorry, I just don't see the point in carrying 13 F and 7 D. I can understand ONE extra player in the press box each night, but two and three and four is massively redundant. We don't need an extra around for each position, it's wasted cap space.

I don't think they should buyout Wolski but they definitely need to remove at least 2 forwards, especially considering that there will probably be at least 1 rookie that will make the team. Said it before and I'll say it again: there is NO reason why Avery or Christensen should play on this team this year. None. Zero. Zip.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote