Old
10-22-2003, 04:25 AM
ddheyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Please reread my post.

Originally Posted by Jonesey
To whomever said Zidlicky dosn't play the body, can't handle bigger forwards, etc.. I challenge you to watch one of Nashville's games this season. Once again I must thank you for giving us Murray, Kloucek, and Zidlicky for out #2 goalie. Zidlicky should make the all-star game this season, should he continue his stellar play. As of now, he leads the Predators in points, as well as being tied for 3rd in NHL defensemen points.

I never said it was a lock, but if he can keep it up, he should be there.
Comment wasn't even specifically directed at you, nor did I mean to imply that you said he would be in the all-star game (apparently I was in a foul mood the other day) ... was more meant that I feel we judge every trade instantly over here and that we don't look longer term.

I think that the trade was a decent one for both teams. You got a injured prospect who when healthy had a good half of a season (but who knows how he will turn out) a third line winger (who did nothing for us although that is coachings fault) and a player who we wouldn't sign.

Dunham has been our best player since the trade, so I don't think we can say it was a bad trade for us, but everyone else keeps blasting it.

Zidlicky has started well (apparently, I have not seen him play yet), but lets see how he does over a full season. I have no problem if he does great, just I would like to see it for a while before he is annointed as this player that we made a huge mistake trading away.