View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Shocked people are choosing Gregoire. He had solid College career but not spectacular. Especially considering there are prospects who have either much better pedigree or better seasons such as Postmas last year in the AHL
There are a few guys who posted similar college numbers to Gregoire who are solid NHL'ers. And even some guys coming up through the ranks today appear similar and comparable. Not that that should be the lone bar in terms of projecting where these kids may end up as some post those numbers and never go on to do anything else in the AHL or NHL. I suppose at this point with these being kids and prospects, it's a bit difficult to get a true sense of where they will end up 2-5 years from now. But considering how poor the cupboard is here, I don't think Gregoire is too bad of a choice given the cards we're dealt here. Not only that and our lack of high-end depth, but I'm a believer that Gregoire has the tools to become a solid top 9 winger.

Carolina's top rated prospect Zac Dalpe is who I compare him too and have hopes Gregoire is a similar player. Both are considered solid two-way players who have a knack for scoring, but not overly flashy. Dalpe is without question more advanced than Gregoire as he just finished a solid rookie campaign in the AHL posting 23 goals and 57 points in 61 games. Where their offensive numbers pan out is a bit difficult to pin point, but nonetheless both Dalpe and Gregoire are pretty impressive and comparable prospects, in my opinion.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote