View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I like Gregoire but we have much better,younger and solid guys at this point.

That's really where i'm not so sure. Personally see Jason Gregoire with the high-end potential of being a real solid 3rd line two-way winger who can plug a hole in the top 6 if need be, chip in on the PP and PK. My comparison is Matt Cullen. Gergoire is noted to be quite a versatile forward who could possibly even be in the mix for a roster spot as early as this season. At this point he's mentioned as having a pretty mature game, good offensive instincts, quick release and accurate, coachable and isn't afraid to play a bit of a rough and chippy game. He's got decent size so long as he competes hard at nearly 6' and 200lbs.

I honeslty think a player of this ilk will be a strong chip for Noel. Jason Gregoire seems to be just the player that Noel likes, and a player that could thrive under Claude.

I would say the biggest hurdle that will work against Gregoire at this point in time, is he is coming into the pro ranks and the schedule is a lot more difficult than that of WCHA, generally there is an adjustment there as well to the physicality and speed of the pro game. When he adjusts, and I think he will, he should be a good one, in my opinion.