View Single Post
Old
07-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I don't think that tanking intentionally is a very defensible stance, so I won't take it.

However, as I previously stated, winners are either built through decades of work (Bruins/Detroit) or very high draft picks (Hawks/Pittsburgh). It isn't like the Jackets franchise loses less money for finishing 8th to last as opposed to dead last.

If I had it my way, the NHL entry draft would have a short 'memory' so that teams would also be weighted, in addition to how their regular season went, with how their seasons in the past few years went too.
That's an interesting idea, one that would have changed the dynamics of numerous recent drafts. Whether or not it's a good idea is debatable, however I would be all for giving it a shot ... we aren't the only team that has struggled with futility and not gotten higher picks ... Florida is the first team I think of when I think of this happening; they have been terrible for as long as we have, and currently they have no signs of looking up. A system like this would be a huge benefit to a team like that.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote